Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,041   Posts: 1,560,709   Online: 1054

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Luke,

In 40 years' experience, sometimes with temporary darkrooms, you need to smack an enlarger about a bit in order to destroy parallelism. This is, in my estimation, a minor consideration, despite my customary high regard for Claire's advice. Of course if Ms. Anthrope emerged from the darkroom she might disagree with Claire...

Cheers,

R. (www.rogerandfrances.com -- take a look at the free 'our darkrooms' module in The Photo School)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Perhaps single tray processing will help keep your
    dream alive. I've been using the single tray method
    for a few years. A tray and more than the usual
    dilutions of chemistry used one-shot makes for
    a lot more roomy darkroom.

A second tray is needed for holding and alternate
    trays wash method. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I moved two Durst enlargers in and out of cupboards for many years, they were a C35 (35mm only) and a M601 (up to 6x6 with appropiate condensors), however I have a LPL (Saunders in your part of the world I think) C7700 as my smaller formats enlarger these days and it actually breaks down into 3 bits very easily (baseboard, column and Head). Takes minutes to pull apart or put together and I've only done it a couple of times (now have a permanent setup) Might be an option if you don't have a cupboard big enough to put a erected enlarger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin