Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,521   Posts: 1,543,798   Online: 809

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

I got a Durst F30 !!!

I'm so excited, I feel I might burst!

I just bought a Durst F30 in nice condition with a Schneider 50mm Componar lens. It wasn't cheap but, all in the original boxes with manuals and the whole bit. It sure is a cute little thing. There'll be no problem setting up and tearing down the darkroom in our bathroom (not so with the Omega D2 !).

I've been gathering the bits of kit to set up a darkroom in my home for a few months and this, I believe is it!

I can finally introduce my kids to the magic of watching the image appear magically in the tray.

So, anyway....just wanted to share my excitement!
    Last edited by BradS; 09-08-2006 at 04:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I also just got one. Any idea if it's condenser or diffuser?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congrats....was that found on craigslist?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brad -

I don't know what you paid, but when I bought my first enlarger (in 1977), I paid less than $90 for a new F60. The price at the time for an F30 was a bit less, but the dealer didn't have any in stock.

Those were great enlargers - simple, rugged machines that allowed you to concentrate on photography rather than mechanics.
    Louie

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by monophoto
    I don't know what you paid, but when I bought my first enlarger (in 1977), I paid less than $90 for a new F60. The price at the time for an F30 was a bit less, but the dealer didn't have any in stock.
    Well, I paid $100 for the enlarger a lens. It seemed like a lot (I got the D-2 for free) but, it just seemed to be the thing for my present situation.

Quote Originally Posted by david b
    Congrats....was that found on craigslist?
    Yes! The guy with the Saunders/LPL kit for $500 never replied to my inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHipsterDie
    I also just got one. Any idea if it's condenser or diffuser?
    Definitely condenser. It is machined like a work of art....and so tiny!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a nice and compact enlarger - ideal for my bathroom setup! I got mine for $12! It was missing the top of cover for the bulb chamber but half an hour with a biscuit can and I had a replacement.

-A

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes I've had mine for a few year's, I only paid £20 and it had hardly been used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is the exact model I first learnt to print on back in high school in the late 70's.

Brings a tear to my eye... Enjoy it!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin