Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,318   Posts: 1,536,765   Online: 1086
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    51

    Schneider 80mm lens

    I'm looking at buying an enlarging lens for my Beseler 45MCRX. The one that I see is a Schneider Kreuznach Componon S 80mm f/5.6. The problem that I'm trying to get out of the person is how big the threads are on the back. I need an 80mm lens that has the 39mm threads on the back that uses a jamb nut to hold the lens against the lens board. If anybody could help me out, that would be awesome. Thanks!

    Andrew

  2. #2
    Ole
    Ole is offline
    Ole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    9,281
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    31
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

  3. #3
    Steve Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ryde, Isle of Wight
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8,592
    Images
    122
    I have an 80mm Componon S and I am 99% sure it is 39mm thread. I would have to go and check it to be 100% certain.

    It screws into an adaptor disc about 2" wide to fit my LPL 6700 enlarger.

    I will have a look tomorrow morning and post my findings if you have not received a definite answer by then.


    Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Italia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,680
    F/5.6 is going to be the older model. You'll need to check the vintage area of the Scheinder website to make sure what size it is.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    51
    thanks for the link. It says Leica thread. Is that the same one that I'm talking about? The lenses that I use now are the 50mm from a beseler cadet II and a 135mm f5.6 nikkor. They both attach to the lens board using the washer/jamb nut on the other side. Thanks!

  6. #6
    Steve Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ryde, Isle of Wight
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8,592
    Images
    122
    Well.. I said I was 99% sure. Unfortunately, it was the other 1% that was true.

    The link Ole posted gives a thread of 25mm for the 80mm Componon and that is what mine looks like. It is in an adaptor which takes the thread up to 39mm though.

    My enlarger came with the adaptor but no lens so I would imagine that a 25 to 39 adaptor is fairly common.


    Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    51

  8. #8
    Steve Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ryde, Isle of Wight
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8,592
    Images
    122
    That looks exactly like the one I have.

    Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

  9. #9
    Ole
    Ole is offline
    Ole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    9,281
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    31
    My PC doesn't "like" pdf's at present, so I didn't check the document...

    There are a lot of historical documents on www.schneiderkreuznach.com which give the details about just about everything ever made by Schneider (oddly enough, I own two of the exceptions).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    51
    Ok, here's the auction that I was looking at...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

    but I think I've found a local place that has a huge kodak enlarger for sale (HUUUGGE), and it has a lens on it that I thought might be decent. It had a 4 lens turret including a 300mm, 210mm, 150mm, and 105mm. If I was somehow able to get that 105mm lens alone do you think that it would work well with medium format like 645 or 6x6? Also, the lens is Staeble-Magnogon R 1:5.6/105. I obviously know the last numbers but I've never heard of that brand before. Is that a good, well known brand?

    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin