Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,907   Posts: 1,584,612   Online: 920

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It sounds like it is broke... Beseler does not use quality switches in their timers and with time they can get balky, suprising as their enlargers go forever.

A fix that may work is to get a can of contact cleaner spray at Radio Shack, open the box up and give the switches a spritz while working them back and forth. That includes the x1-x10 switch. The stuff can make a bit of a mess but all that is left behind is some mineral oil and that won't harm the electronics.

If that doesn't work I know a man who can sell you a timer ... with 50,000,000 cycle switches. It was bad switches on a Beseler timer that prompted me to start a small buisness making f-Stop timers. Bad switches and the fact that linear time makes no #$@#%@! sense when it comes to exposing photographic materials. If the microprocessor had been invented before the enlarger there never would have been an enlarging timer marked in seconds.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP View Post
    The x1/x10 slider switch should have a cover over it so that when it is slid to the x10 side the x1 lettering is uncovered. Same with the opposite way. The cover was probably lost along the way.
    Mine (bought used) also has the x1 and x10 switch reversed, What Chuck says makes sense.
    Otherwise, I just checked it several times against my Gralab 300 and it seems both accurate and consistant. The beeps seem to fall on the seconds but since I only use them for timing burns and dodges, consistancy is really the only priority there.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin