Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,512   Posts: 1,598,158   Online: 906

Using Expert drums in early JOBO's

JOBO's website says that they've made three upgrades to the CPP-2 processor to better handle the heavier expert drums, starting with serial numbers 10,594, 20,456 and 22,000. I want to buy a used processor for 4 x 5, preferably using the 3010 drum, but am concerned whether one of the early versions of the processor in good shape would be able to handle the load. What's been your experience? Thanks. Rick Durbin

Images
    As you saw on the Jobo site, both the motor and the circuitry were beefed up to handle the extra weight and drag expert drums. The older units, 2nd generation better than first, will turn the expert drums, but the motor will wear much more quickly. Bear in mind that the older units are older, so it is fair to assume they have more usage. Especially if they served some or all of the lives in a lab. The upgrade runs, (ran?). about $800.

I have used the expert drums on some older units. some were fine, others noticably lugged. If your plans are to use expert drums fairly frequently, you are probably better off holding out for a newer unit with the beefier internals.

Cheers,
    Geary

Quote Originally Posted by rick durbin View Post
    JOBO's website says that they've made three upgrades to the CPP-2 processor to better handle the heavier expert drums, starting with serial numbers 10,594, 20,456 and 22,000. I want to buy a used processor for 4 x 5, preferably using the 3010 drum, but am concerned whether one of the early versions of the processor in good shape would be able to handle the load. What's been your experience? Thanks. Rick Durbin
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Images
    A friend burned out the motor in his early Jobo with the expert 5x7 drum. Do be careful. If you don't need all the bells and whistles of the Jobo base, consider a rotary base from someone else or the manual roller from Jobo.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I bought a used (very early model) JOBO CPP2 a few years ago. When I got a lift kit and expert drums, I found that the original motor didn't have enough grunt. I got the motor upgrade kit and did the upgrade myself. Now, the way I see it, I would have saved money in the long run by buying a brand new JOBO instead of a used one.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin