Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,414   Online: 896

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Your advice please

I can buy a Durst 601 enlanger with Schneider componon 50 mm for $25.
    Does this set do right to my Leica IIIf, Konica Hexar and Rollei 6x6 negatives, or should I look further for a higher end set?
    Future, present, past. Life, decay, death, birth. I try to catch a glimpse of history as it unfolds before my eyes, and to pass that on to future generations. I am a witness of my time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For $25, go for it!

The 601 is an entirely satisfactory mid-range enlarger, the Componon is a professional-quality 6-element lens (as I recall the earlier model to the Componon-S), it may have a little less contrast than a modern lens but if in good condition should be fine. I believe the 601 comes only with a filter drawer, no multigrade or color head, so you will need a set of filters (either for the filter drawer or below the lens), which will be an additional cost but probably not so much - you will of course also need an 80 mm lens for your 6x6 negs.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If it has everything you need to use it (like negative carriers for 35mm and 120 format) and works okay, for $25, I'd grab it right off! Most of the Dursts are well built and fine machines. Be aware that some of the Durst lensboards are only 25 mm thread and finding a lens to fit that size can be a challenge, unless you want something used. 39 mm thread size boards is what you want.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you need filters, wait until early next year and purchase a box of 8x10 Ilford paper with the multigrade filters attached, it's one of their promotional things.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 601 with color and condenser heads, I only use my Durst for color work as I use an Omega for black and white. I took the lens board off and had it drilled for a standard 39mm lens thread. For $25 it is a steal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone. I asked the seller, and indeed, it has the 39 mm thread size board, so I will go for it!

Thanks Mick, for the tip on the Ilford filters promotional. I will keep that in mind!
    Future, present, past. Life, decay, death, birth. I try to catch a glimpse of history as it unfolds before my eyes, and to pass that on to future generations. I am a witness of my time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin