I am hoping someone can tell me what to do to resolve a problem I am having with the used print dryer I recently acquired.
If I put the prints on the dryer when they are very wet, I get weird splotches in the print finish, where some the splotches are glossier than the rest of the print.
If I squeege the prints first, the splotches don't appear, but the print does not dry as flat.
Possibly pertinent details:
- The paper is relatively old
- It is an Ilford fiber paper witha a matte finish
- I am drying on just about the lowest setting for about 10-15 minutes
- I have washed the canvas with detergent
- I have cleaned the chrome with water and baking soda and have rinsed the surface
Thanks in advance.