Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,014   Online: 898

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: durst ac 707

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

durst ac 707

Hi everyone.

I'm almost there to buy a Durst ac 707 enlager. But now is my question. It is any good for b/w printing and have you got any hint's when i'm buying this thing? where to look for to see that it is good.
    hope you can help me.

thanx already

ijsbeer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello there. Which model is it, specifically? They can have different heads.

Among others, I use an AC 707 Autocolor, and I would qualify it as one of the best enlargers ever made. Yes, it is simply OUTSTANDING for black & white work. The dichroic filter set, the built-in light timer and internal swappable diffusion boxes are all extremely convenient features, making it a versatile and complete apparatus. The negative holder is modular and fits all sizes up to 6x7 by changing the masks only (but it can work as well as a universal holder with anti-newton glasses and its moving masks).

It has as well a built-in lightmeter and color meter facility, which can be handy and helpful. The only drawback someone finds is that the meter cirtcuitry is sophisticated and all this built-in features could be subject to damage on the very long run. You understand that a modular enlarger leaves the chance to change one single part in case it would brake. However, the whole machine is solid and well built, and personally I never use the light and color meter facility, so even if it would eventually stop working that would not be a great deal to me.

In few words: if the price was good, I would have no doubts in purchasing it again!
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Gilardetti View Post
    Hello there. Which model is it, specifically? They can have different heads.

Among others, I use an AC 707 Autocolor, and I would qualify it as one of the best enlargers ever made. Yes, it is simply OUTSTANDING for black & white work. The dichroic filter set, the built-in light timer and internal swappable diffusion boxes are all extremely convenient features, making it a versatile and complete apparatus. The negative holder is modular and fits all sizes up to 6x7 by changing the masks only (but it can work as well as a universal holder with anti-newton glasses and its moving masks).

It has as well a built-in lightmeter and color meter facility, which can be handy and helpful. The only drawback someone finds is that the meter cirtcuitry is sophisticated and all this built-in features could be subject to damage on the very long run. You understand that a modular enlarger leaves the chance to change one single part in case it would brake. However, the whole machine is solid and well built, and personally I never use the light and color meter facility, so even if it would eventually stop working that would not be a great deal to me.

In few words: if the price was good, I would have no doubts in purchasing it again!
    Hi Marco. thanks for your very positive reply. I'm gonna buy the autocolor version too. I wil pick it up the first thursday in november. Hope it is in good shape. 50 euro is a Real bargain in my opinion after your reply. Thanx.

Greets
    ijsbeer

Shooter
    Large Format
    It is not a bargain, it is a TOTAL STEAL, shame on you!!! I paid it ten times as much five years ago!

Oh, well...

Have fun!
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    A giveaway by the sound of it. Lucky to have found it !
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format

durst AC 707

I have had one of those, easy to use, great calibration system with the built in light-meter, if you put in the time calibrating your papers, a print can be gotten very quickly. I would've paid about $5-600 in about 1988, 2nd hand that is. Yes, it's a steal (if it's what you want)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blokeman View Post
    I would've paid about $5-600 in about 1988, 2nd hand that is. Yes, it's a steal (if it's what you want)
    I have an AC707 with the filtration head and exposure meter that I got for FREE! A friend of mine was selling his small camera shop / minilab and he had an old conventional darkroom out the back - he even delivered it .

APUG user bogeyes very kindly scanned the manual and emailed it to me in pdf format - If you need a copy I'll happily send it to you if you pm me with your email address (I'm away for the next week and won't have internet access so I'll send it as soon as I can).

My enlarger needs a few minor repairs to the diffuser box (which I have underway), and I'm missing a 6x6 masking plate if anybody has a spare they'd like to sell - else I'll make one using the other plate as a pattern.

So far I've made a couple of prints with it, but have used gelatin filters and manual exposure until I get the hang of B&W alchemy/sorcery again
    I stopped smoking and drinking - it was the worst 15 minutes of my life!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't disagree with any of the above. I have the AC707 black and white (condensor head). I've been using it for donkeys years and I can't fault it. Well, actually I can. The meter or the circuitry in the head suddenly decided not to work after a couple of years. So I decided to bypass it all and just use a Durst Tim timer and a gossen Profisix with Lab attachment. I've upgraded recently to a StopclockPro and Zonemaster and it has to be the best combo ever (IMO).Another good all rounder has to be the M605, totally irrelevant to the thread, I know, but worth mentioning
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Gilardetti View Post
    It is not a bargain, it is a TOTAL STEAL, shame on you!!! I paid it ten times as much five years ago!

Oh, well...

Have fun!
    Bump.
    Did a search on colorheads and saw this thread. I just have to brag a little
    Yesterday I was given a Durst AC 707 autocolor, yes for free
    Finally found out what that white scale is for.
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    very good Soeren,

But can you tell me where the white scale is for? I'm curious

Cheers
    ijsbeer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin