Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,090   Online: 1041

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The handy thing my hubby made!

I've been gearing up to start printing this week. It's been a while since I've been in the darkroom & I've acquired a second enlarger since I printed last. Well, I knew that I would have to 'share' my dandy RH Designs timer between the two enlargers, and was resigned to unplugging & plugging in whichever enlarger I wanted to use.

I'm basically lazy, so I was lamenting to my hubby that I wondered if there was something like the old "A-B" switches used to share a printer only for power. Brilliant guy that he is, he told me there was not such a thing, but he could make it.

Well, I got busy with my grandaughters, and next thing I knew, he told me it was finished. :o We plugged it in, hooked everything up & "ta-da"! Works like a charm! Now, I just flip a switch to transfer power from one enlarger to the other! Dang, he's smart!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Images
    That's why it's important to give in whenever he needs some new tools. With the right tools he could probably build you another timer too.

Stew

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew Squires View Post
    That's why it's important to give in whenever he needs some new tools. With the right tools he could probably build you another timer too.

Stew
    With the right tools, I am envisioning an addition to the house, with a large studio with North facing window, and in the basement below that, a new darkroom with plenty of space, ventilation and a great stereo system.

"Here's a hammer and a saw honey - do you need anything else?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I took the pre-built route. I wired an IEC connector that the RH Designs timer requires to a 6 outlet power strip. I can put those little wall socket on/off plug adapters on the power strip and control up to 6 items with either the enlarger or safelight side of the RH Designs timer. That way I have my choice of any combination of safelights or of two enlargers.

Lee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jeanette, Why am I not surprised? Bill is a very intelligent man. I truly enjoyed his company and conversation. Nice to see that you made it home safely.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew Squires View Post

Stew
    The most dangerous question my wife ever asked me...... "Honey, if you had the right tools, could you build this?" He, He. She's the best; she didn't even blink when the 2 White Lightning 800's arrived today. Maybe that had something to do with the new living room furniture arriving today, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do tend to give him whatever he wants. Hence the canoe kit and rowing boat kits. We have alwayys been very supportive of each others interests.

Yep, Donald... we made it home! I made a few prints from our workshop. So far... not too bad!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You are ahead of me Jeanette. I can't seem to make much time for the darkroom since my family and work always have plans for me. Tell Bill I think he is a genius. Glad you made it home and happy printing.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin