Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,299   Posts: 1,681,507   Online: 780

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Annoy? Way too strong a word for me. I couldn't be much happier, but a little refrigerator (and enough room to house it) would help as would a second LLP digital timer for the 'other' enlarger. Now that's being waaaaay too self indulgent I know, but hey...you asked!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like BWGirl, the only thing that annoys me about my darkroom is that its existence does not one thing for my printing abilities. Otherwise, I love it... It has a sink (with running water!), a nice stereo, a beautiful window that can be opened to reveal nice light for non-darkroom activities like amateur beading. In fact, I don't even call my darkroom a darkroom but a studio. It's a fantastic creative space
    Last edited by Digidurst; 10-30-2006 at 08:53 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: it's should have been its

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damn phone. Don't realize that I'm home alone (kids are usually gone) and forget to bring the phone in with me. Calls are always for the kids anyway; except when I don't answer. Getting cold in there now, going to get a lot colder. I usually just heat it up with a small heater. I am going to insulate that part of my basement in the next two weeks. I think I have said this before...
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The fact that my basement stayed between 66 and 72 Fahrenheit for the decade or so before I put in a darkroom, so I didn't put in A/C when I remodeled. The city did require adding insulation, however, so the cool ground no longer dissipates the heat that collects in the summer. So between summer heat, insulation, and the presence of a frig, wine cooler, and dehumdifier, the temp range is now 70 to 82 and stays around 80 from June to early October. I may have to add a free-standing A/C unit next summer.

The only other annoyance is that it doubles as a laundry room, so dust is a constant battle.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Constantly seeing the floating face of the little boy from "the Grudge" and put the film in stopper first, the least but not the last, it's too small.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. And too much junk in there, it's the spare room so boxes and other junk accumulate in there.

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Having to leave it. Four or five hours is not enough!
    ... Hmmm..., f5.13 @ 1/23 should do it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mine's too small (converted kitchen, although admittedly it's not horrible when I get it set up) and the space occupied by a bunch of 12x16 trays is seriously obnoxious. I'm investigating alternatives, and if I can get my hands on a decent Nova processor or an Ilford 2150 that I can leave semi-permanently hooked up, that will address my biggest complaints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine's in a converted upstairs bedroom, so no running water. The hall bath is only a few steps outside the door, but it does mean carrying water for a holding bin, which I like to keep fairly fresh.

I'm extremely happy and relaxed in there. But I want to be Super-Printing-Girl too! (or at least good enough to stand in Jeanette's shadow)

Other than that....interruptions. I really don't want anyone a'tapping on the door when I'm focused (so to speak). I'm easily distracted on a good day; when I disappear in there I want it to be as if I've left the house.

Images
    Negatives that looked great through the viewfinder, great on the lightbox but just won't print right.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin