Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,590   Online: 1219

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Ian,

Yes, if it's not too much trouble, I'm sure a diagram or two would help. How do you get them through door frames without takig off the baseboard? Height isn't a problem for me, more so the size of the baseboard. Anyway, gift horse and all, no complaining on my part.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definitely remove the baseboard. Just a minute...Ok, taking the baseboard off is easy. There are 4 bolts that run from it down through the support arms. Take off the nuts, and it'll lift right up. Just look under the baseboard, and you'll see the appropriate nuts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is an optional frame that replaces the baseboard frame and converts the free standing version into a desktop version. Saw one on ebay go for £20

I had to remove both the baseboard and frame. When the frame is removed the chain rods are unsupported and that's when the chains come off the cogs.
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I talked to the guy and it has the 32x42in baseboard, which is quite cramped for me. Am I right in thinking that I can use a smaller board?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could easily make a smaller board, but the wheels for focussing etc and the rod for releasing the frame will protude. Easy to reduce the width but less so the depth.

Instructions for assembly/dis-assembly will be sent by email later after I've scanned them. I'll include how to replace a chain :-)

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 11-05-2006 at 10:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You really don't want to mess (literally) with the chains if you can help it. Ian is right, making the baseboard narrower would be a no brainer, but making it less deep would involve difficulties. Cutting the focusing and head raising rods shorter wouldn't be that hard, but I"m not sure how much depth you'd save without going downstairs. (Yes, I'm feeling lazy.) If you didn't care about the abitlity to raise and lower the baseboad. You could remove much of the undercarriage and use a modified table as the baseboard. I'd recomend making it three-legged with threaded feet for adjustment.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Well, tomorrow'ss the big day. Is there any reason not to leave the color head on the enlarger when moving it? I figured I'd just remove the baseboard, leave everything else as is. I'm moving it in a moving truck, so space isn't an issue. Thanks for all the help so far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would remove it, as you don't want to smack it when moving the chassis. It's easy to remove. Make sure to have the carriage travel locking knows tightened though.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    So, oter than the head and baseboard, what else wouldyou remove?

CGross
    I just wrapped up shipping a 504 from Texas to Cincinnati. I had to fully dissassemble it so it would fit into boxes small enough to go Fed Ex ground. I am putting together a pictorial and steps on the dissassembly process and the reassembly process. I'll post when that is complete, probably in a couple weeks. Let me know if anyone needs a copy when I am done.

I even took off the neg/lens stage adjusting wheels and the baseboard table assy. It actually wasn't that bad. I shipped the unit in 7 boxes with lots of bubble wrap and it all arrived safe and sound!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin