Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,913   Posts: 1,584,696   Online: 668

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    With air conditioning in my darkroom I have a small wall unit which brings in fresh air, slightly. From my experience you will not get enough fresh air just from the air conditioner....
    Mick.
    Mick, you won't get enough from a wall mounted one, but you will from a ducted system. When we had our air conidtinoing system installed I specified to the installer that at least 100 [L/s] of air flow should be vented into my darkroom from the roof mounted outlet (in one corner of the room)

I looked into wall mounted units, but unfortunately they usually mix a certain ratio of outside air with air from the room so they can more effectively maintain the temperature. This also means that the flow rates of fresh air into the room to create a positive pressure won't be sufficient.

regards
    Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    One potential problem with using positive pressure is that fumes may leak in to the house around the door and under floorboards etc as well as out the intended exit. Better to have the fumes extracted close to their source and sucked straight out rather than have them floating about in the air to escape wherever they can find an exit. My extractor fans are at the end of the wet bench - a hood would be better, but that has been on my to-do list forever...

Cheers, Bob.
    Hi Bob,

I have +ve pressure in my darkroom, along with my own plenum design (cylindrical extraction tube) and an air sheet. See here.

Without an air sheet one's ventillation system is not as effective as it could be.

regards
    Peter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin