Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,579   Online: 775

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Another idea:

It depends on what kind of enlarger you have, but a few of them (I've only used Dursts so far) have recessed lens boards which would get you bigger maginification at a lower height, even with a 50 mm lens.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE]Jerevan;391998] It depends on what kind of enlarger you have, but a few of them (I've only used Dursts so far) have recessed lens boards which would get you bigger maginification at a lower height, even with a 50 mm lens.

Funny you should say that ! Both of my enlargers have been Dursts and I find that with this one, unlike the first, I have to use a recessed lens board to focus with my 50mm Nikon lens. I do not like it as the recess is almost as deep as the lens when screwed in and it is not so easy to change apertures. I never understood why this was necessary.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    recessed lens boards only allow to draw the lens closer to negative, enabling higher magnification; the smaller the focal lenght, the closer the lens has to be to the negative... However, the real issues here are how high the enlarger head can be lifted above the paper and the focal length of the lens that still covers the image are projected on the paper.... Joseph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin