Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,891   Posts: 1,629,985   Online: 1000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Can someone give some hard info about what constitutes a ruby lith filter? Is there a rosco color or some other product?
    I can't give you a number but I would think a red and a orange sandwiched together would be good and give you ample protection. Ruby Lith is its own product. It used to be used in graphic arts before computer paste up became the way to do it. You might check Rocso's web site and see where the cut off is on the spectrum. Most paper sites will have that info also. Here is an example http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...2015431815.pdf top right hand corner.

I just happened to have some real ruby lith that I got for another project and it was very cheap (like close out prices). Check for it in a drafting store or an art supply store.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    I can't give you a number but I would think a red and a orange sandwiched together would be good and give you ample protection. Ruby Lith is its own product. It used to be used in graphic arts before computer paste up became the way to do it. You might check Rocso's web site and see where the cut off is on the spectrum. Most paper sites will have that info also. Here is an example http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...2015431815.pdf top right hand corner.

I just happened to have some real ruby lith that I got for another project and it was very cheap (like close out prices). Check for it in a drafting store or an art supply store.

lee\c

Thanks Lee, I'll give "Topeka Blueprint" a call.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Lee, I used Ruby lith when doing strip up and layouts for printing a long time ago. I'm going to make some new filters for my Thomas.

Curt

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Curt,

I did not strip off the clear part of the Ruby Lith I just cut it to size and used it that way. It is a lot less delicate that way.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee, sounds good to me and easier to use that way. I love unique cost saving alternatives don't you?

Curt

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    yep as long as they do a good job

lee\c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin