Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,629   Posts: 1,647,973   Online: 993

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You don't really need a reversing switch if you are willing to pick the drum up about once a minute and set it back down in the reverse direction. This is what i do and i have no problems with uneven development. Seems easier than rewiring. Of course you do have to keep am eye on the clock and flip the drum. But you need to watch the drum anyway when on a Inicolr base. mine tends to creep to one side and tumble off the base if i don't keep an eagle eye on it.
    Don Sigl
    www.drs-fineartphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've added some electronics to my Unicolor 352 to control the reversing time. Basically I added a 555 timer connected as an oscillator and controlling a relay that switches the motor. Or you could use a repeating relay that has a timer built in. But that part is expensive. Anyhow I play some with electronics and had the parts on hand. As said far easier to just switch it by hand every so often. I do find that the reversing does help with any walking of the drum and helps keep it centered. I reverse mine every 2 revolutions. Anyone know what Jobo recommends for reversing when using their hand roller?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    PE, how deep in the water do your drums sit? I only allow a couple of mm, any deeper and I find the gears start straining, especially with 10x8 and a litre of chemicals on board.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb View Post
    PE, how deep in the water do your drums sit? I only allow a couple of mm, any deeper and I find the gears start straining, especially with 10x8 and a litre of chemicals on board.
    Mark;

My 2000 series drum sit as you describe, but the 3005 drum is supposed to sit deeply enough to cover the slits in the back of the drum and allow about 1 liter of water to flow through the slits into the chamber inside the drum.

The gears and lift are strained on older Jobo units, but they have upgraded the mechanism due to that problem. It has been reported on here quite a bit and was described on the old Jobo web site.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks,
    I was aware of the upgrade - and the cost!

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    <<< I am also struggling with how rig a reversing switch on my Unicolor.
    Other ideas? Has anyone permanently rigged a Unicolor or Beseler in a way that gives a full, reversing rotation on a 3005 drum?>>>

I have indeed run the internal switch wires outside to a reversing switch mounted in a little Radio Shack component box. I reverse about every minute. This works fine. The motor base sits on a little plywood base with moveable side vertical arms that keep the Expert drums from walking off but still allow funnel filling. The side arms are attached by wingnuts to allow adjustment. The switch box is attached to this base. This with the speed adjuster is a great setup!

I have seen mention on the forums of someone making an automatic electronic reversing switch using a 555 timer and relay, but he did not provide a schematic or directions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin