Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,831   Online: 843

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Images
    Large Format enlargers. Constant monitoring of alignment. Chemical replenishing, the option of personal darkroom space so I could bring my own chemicals if need be (extra cost of course). Monitoring of people in the DR areas. I worked as a TA in 2 diferent community collge DRs and I can say say it was a PIA to keep people doing things right. Especially with the chemicals. common courtesy and neatness are a big plus.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    big mat cutter: something that cuts a 32x40inch board and a large enough space to cut it....... i.e. a place to put 32x40 boards on a counter and enough space next to it to use the cutter on a full sized board.

not many people have the space to do this at home.. While for a lot of people they dont have the space or the money for the big cutter.. Many have the money to get a small bevel cutter to do windows at home if need be.. but space for that is also useful.

edit:

a common area/lounge type area is something I'd suggest.. where people can 'hang out' waiting for prints to wash, for stuff to dry.. where they can sit and drink coffee and (if you supply wireless access) check their email on a laptop.. have a snack.. It can be easy to spend 8 hours in a printing session.. some place to 'unwind' and chill out would be good (maybe a microwave so people can make snacks)
    Last edited by Christopher Colley; 12-07-2006 at 01:18 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add more stuff
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have enough space, consider using a long U-shaped corridor to provide a barrier-free light trap path in and out of the dark area. This provides easy entry/exit and solves some ventilation issues as well.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cleanliness and the confidence of knowing that I can leave my FB prints to dry without anyone touching them or splashing things on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin