Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,373   Online: 797

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

alternative timers for Chromega head

i've got a super chromega head on my d-2 with the chromgatrol power supply and attached timer. I want to hook up a digital timer like the Gralab 450. My current setup has standard male/female plugs on the power supply. Will the 450 or other timers work with this?

thanks

vinny

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    i've got a super chromega head on my d-2 with the chromgatrol power supply and attached timer. I want to hook up a digital timer like the Gralab 450. My current setup has standard male/female plugs on the power supply. Will the 450 or other timers work with this?

thanks

vinny
    You can use any timer you so desire, but...you may have to do some power matching and power cord building, i.e. M2M or F2F. Match the current capbility of the timer, to the current draw of the power supply The tags give you the specifications. If the timer or power supply has a switching relay to buffer the digital timer from the head load, then a mismatch really won't matter. If there is a mismatch between the timer and the power supply, but no internal relay, a simple inline relay switch will solve the issue. I use a digital f-stop time with a 1000watt color head through a DIY swtching relay.

Cheers,
    Geary
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin