Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,286   Posts: 1,535,286   Online: 915

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Print frame with dark slide

Not having a print frame for 8x10 and having some spare time due to currently being unemployed , and find nothing important that "needed" doing (ok - I didn't look too hard at the "needed to be done" list), I decided to make one today. I also decided to add a dark slide so that I could more easily make timed test prints. I still have to add measurement scales (1/4's, 1/5's, 1/8's etc.) to the long side of the frame so that I can move the slide without guessing, but it's complete enough so that you can get an idea of what I did. Is this a new idea?, or have I simply reinvented the wheel ? (Please ignore the crappy joinery - I need more practise!)

cheers from below the poverty line :rolleyes:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PrintFrameSlide.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Neat idea. Thanks for sharing - I've been thinking of making something similar.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whenever I come up with a good idea myself I realise that someone else has done so, but don't despair! It's more important that you are smart enough to invent the wheel rather than be stuck re-inventing it!

I think it's a neat idea, and you could also apply it to a kind of easel mask that would make test strips easy to do. I always aim improperly when I'm making strips, so I have unequal width. Yes, I know I could make an effort, but what's not to like about a gadget?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John;

Thanks for the great idea. Added to TODO list. OH! OH!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John: It's a great idea. I actually found one (commercially produced) in the used good section of a camera store several years ago. Haven't used it yet, though.

When I printed in a lab doing custom enlargements, the roll of paper was in a very large easel with a slide. I could have used the slide for test exposures; maybe I did, but it's been so long ago I don't recall.
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin