Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,160   Online: 724

Shooter
    Multi Format

Durst 138s - How to take apart?

Well, after weeks of begging, whining, and bribing (OK, no bribing other than my lovely smile), a local source (museum) finally succumbed to my charms, and I can pick up their Durst 138s, which has been sitting lonely in a dark hallway for some time, for a decent price (meaning it's cheap just the way I like it).
    But here's the problem - the thing as you know is HUGE and HEAVY in capital letters. Somewhere I read that the enlarger comes apart into three or four segments for transport, but HOW? Where should I aim my screwdriver at without causing mayhem? H E L P
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Large Format
    You have a great machine! The head, bellows/upper column assembly, lower column, and base can be separated. Here is Jensen’s PDF of the 138.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many Thanks.

That link is exactly what I needed. Thanks
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I still wish I'd known that before I carried mine up the stairs...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took mine apart today to move around the darkroom. It sure helped to put a small ammount of light oil when trying to put the pillar back into the cast foot.
    But the only thing I had to do to be able to put it in my small Volvo was to take off the head.

/matti

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin