Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,889   Posts: 1,629,861   Online: 1052

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Jobo Modification for 5x7 Film

Today I picked up some additional Jobo drums and reels I found on Craigs list. I got them home and was cleaning them and inside a 2553 drum was a modified 4x5 sheet film holder. Very simple modification. It was taken apart and then glued to the center rod. Low and behold it takes a 5x7 sheet of film.

It is a close fit but looks like it will work and should be able to take at least 4 sheets. Not sure how well it will work but I will be giving it a try.

Thought I would pass this along

Regards

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike,

could you provide a quick photo of this contraption?

Thanks,

Denis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis P. View Post
    Mike,

could you provide a quick photo of this contraption?

Thanks,

Denis
    Yes, Please. I tried this once using rubber o-rings to hold the upper and lower halves apart, but the films (only 2 per side) touched in the middle of each sheet. They also came out during washing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried this once as well, to no end.

I have, however, come upon a way to increase my processing capacity for 5x7 negatives. Pick up an expert series 3005 Jobo tank. It's the tank that allows you process 5 8x10 negatives or prints at one time. In the darkroom, pair up the exposed negatives, connecting each pair with a cellophane tape hinge on the back of the sheet along the 7-inch side, creating a 7x10 inch sheet. Put the joined negatives into the tank as you would single 8x10 sheets. You can process 10 5x7s at a time this way.

The only downside to doing this is that the tape traps the antihalation dyes underneath it. But with my TXP, at least, it comes out in the wash after 40 minutes or so.

Sanders

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin