Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,381   Online: 1095

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A fairly beat up old wardrobe.
    Add 4 lengths of brass picture wire,8 copper coated panel pins,a couple of minutes work with a soldering iron and some cheap plastic clothes pegs,and you have a print drying cabinet identical to mine!
    A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Computers are incredibly stupid,but they are capable of being incredibly stupid many millions of times a second.

Both said by Doug Adams

Only put off until tomorrow that which you are prepared to die having not done-Pablo Picasso

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There are many things that I use meant for other purposes.
    Such as anti-static plastic covers for computers and equipment bought at a local computer store. They make great protection for my enlarger (PC tower), easel, (two 17" TFT monitor covers) Analyser Pro (small scanner), Jobo CPP-2 and its tanks and rolls (three 17" CRT monitor covers).
    Last edited by arigram; 02-28-2007 at 09:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here's one I didn't think of when I responded originally. I found this collapsible folding wire thing at a housewares store that's designed to go in a closet on a shelf or the floor to create another shelf. It folds flat, so I can store it with my trays, and when I'm working with larger trays in the dark/bathroom, it makes it possible to stack trays in the bathtub. I found it at "Bed, Bath, and Beyond" when I wanted to buy a tray ladder from B&H, and discovered they were out of stock in the size I wanted.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does my entire bathroom count? I use the bath tub as my sink. I also use a Brita water jug with filter to get 'clean' water for mixing. Clean enough for me.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    I'd be wary of the part/decor bulbs. They are probably not safe. You MIGHT get away with the red one for papers, but the green one for film inspection? Not likely. I have a proper green safelight filter and housing for that. With the recommended 15 watt bulb, it is so dim that you can't see anything except for the green glow of the light itself. The few times I've tried, that hasn't worked out all that well for me. Either you can't see anything worthwhile and/or you fog the film. Safelight filters are designed to pass very specific wavelengths of light. Party bulbs are not made to that standard.
    I tested the red by fixing 1 piece of paper and leaving one out for 8 minutes (four where i print and four where the developer is) then I processed it, and their was no difference between the two.

Originally I was having trouble with the green fogging the film, so i painted the inside of the clamp light black and I still had trouble with fogging. I moved the light from 3 1/2 to 6 feet away, and taped a piece of mattboard over the front (blackside in) that was only slight smaller then the opening in the light and that solved all my problems. A momentary foot switch helped because now when I inspect the light is on for less then a second per sheet.

If I have any more trouble I am definitley going to spend to money on a filter.

Christopher Breitenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Christopher

Try that test again but expose a print with no safelight, cover half the print and expose the other half to your safelight for about as long as you would have the paper out of the box. Exposing an image instead of a blank piece will show any tone shift above threshold exposure.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have an old safeway 2 pound coffee tin with a lamp socket mounted inside. I placed an ordinary RED 15 Watt bug light bulb inside. I painted the plastic cover wth Red model paint and placed it over the open end. (Double red filter)

I made this when I was about 15 years old and have used it ever since. Yes, I tested it and it is safe on Kodak and Ilford paper.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin