Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,906   Online: 1076

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I need some help!! I'm trying to fit a 135mm Componon S to my LPL 4500. The spec sheet with the enlarger states that I need a threaded lens plate of 50mm - it is too big for the lens! I measured the thread on the lens and it comes out at about 42mm. I checked the Schneider web page and the current 135mm has a 50mm thread but from the lens date table I think my example is vintage 1975/ 76. Am I missing something! Does the lens need a retaining ring of some description to allow it to fit a 50mm threaded lens plate or does it require the 42mm plate (also available for the LPL). Thanks in advance! Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Paul,

this is correct. There have been several revisions of the Componon-S 5.6/135 and the newer ones do have a M50 mount. And both sizes are standard sizes (you will find M42 mounts on other lenses, too). You should be able to get a Lensmount with a 42mm hole. Adaptors are usually much harder to find.

Regards,
    Thilo Schmid

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin