Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,245   Online: 802

Shooter
    Multi Format

What is a Fixomet?

About 2 years ago, out of curiosity, I bought a Soligor FIXOMET ($1.00) at an estate sale. Periodically, I have done forum and internet searches but for the life of me I can't find its purpose or instructions for its use. No sense in trying to describe it because you either know what I have or you don't. Will someone PLEASE educate me?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I plugged fixomet into Google and got this:

http://www.kapaza.be/Fotografie/Doka...dige_doka.html

I'm sorry but my high school German is completely worthless in understand what this web page says. The Google listing said something about a "drum". Can you describe the Soligor Fixomet? Does it look like a drum, such as a part from a drum processor?
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Qualified guess: It seems to be something akin to the Ilford EM10, which measures the lightlevels on the paper, when you do enlargements in the darkroom. The link above says "papierbelichtingsmeter" which is pretty close to what an Ilford EM10 is, anyway.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    ...The link above says "papierbelichtingsmeter" which is pretty close to what an Ilford EM10 is, anyway.

I saw that too, and drew pretty much the same conclusion
    My German isn't brilliant, and my technical German is worse, but I deduced: papierbelichtingsmeter = paper exposure meter

papier = paper, belichtung = exposure, meter = meter.

FWIW meter is actually "Meßinstrument".
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin