Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,305   Online: 811

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Automatic old fixing and washing machine?

Well, years ago there was a photography studio around here that had a big old machine that was very curious, and probably made by Leedal or Pako. It was a long floor standing machine, possibly designed to fit through a wall. There were stainless steel baskets in it. After developing a fibre print you threw it into the first basket which was a fixing bath. The machine constantly rocked back and forth like a hobby horse, agitating the print..after a predetermined time the basket lifted up moved over and dumped its contents into a second fixing bath, then after a while the same thing happened and came the first of I think, three washing baths with running water, and this ever present rocking motion. Finally the fixed and washed print would be deposited into a receiving tray where you picked it up and put it on a dryer. Does anyone remember this type of machine?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I used one in the mid and late 50s. It was still in use in the 60s too, I heard.

I ran many many prints through this machine.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin