Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,047   Online: 979

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    tih
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by maarten m View Post
    one more question: you say the ND-scale is exponential.
    does this mean that a 10pt shift does not exactly accord to 1/3 stop
    but is different whether it's from 5 to 15 or from 45 to 55?
    i'm getting a bit confused here ...
    Right, I can see that. My confusion was over how to compute the conversion between exposure time and the numbers on the ND filter scale. That scale is really graduated in 1/30th stops, of course, so that d(30):d(29)::d(1):d(0), where d(n) is the density of the given setting. In other words, 10 points equals 1/3 stop, anywhere on the scale. My final table assumes this, whereas the former one assumes that d(30)-d(29)=d(1)-d(0). It's really only interesting at the level of 1/6 stop differences.

I'd love to know how my calculations work out in practice! If you do test this, please report back!

-tih

tih
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, and Maarten: I don't know if you have the current URL to Meopta's collection of documentation? You can find it at http://www.meopta.com/CCE/DownloadFileList/ - click on "Discontinued Product Manual" for the old stuff!

-tih

Shooter
    Medium Format
    hey tih, i already found that manual, but thanks anyway.
    when i get some time to work on your diagrams, i'll make some tests and see how they work out.
    keep pushing me though, or i might forget

regards,
    mm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin