Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,441   Online: 1073

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raucousimages View Post
    I get beter results with the B&W head and mulit grade filters than I ever did with the color head.
    In which respects? Contrast? Even illumination?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Large Format
    Beter control of contrast. I could not do 00 or 5+. The results were good with the color head but I liked the filters beter. I sold the head when my sons started useing the darkroom. I wanted to just start them on filters.

I also had some problems doing split printing. I would move the head when I went from grade 0 to grade 5.

This was my first enlarger. I bought it in 1976 and my kids are still useing it.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, good to know. I seldom use the extreme grades, so it might not be a problem in my case (in fact I print on graded paper a lot).

Given that I've been printing with a Holga-like Vivitar enlarger (a nightmare to align) so far, anything sturdier and cleaner will be an improvement.

I also want to start learning color printing (I got a Unicolor drum with motor base in the same deal), which should be a lot of messy fun.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    If you are looking for the manual for the Vivitar VI Enlarger check here ' http://www.jollinger.com/photo/enlargers/vivitar.html ' also check out ' http://www.jollinger.com/photo/index.html '

Hope this helps

Shooter
    35mm

Vivitar VI Owners Manual

I've got a favor to ask if anyone of you can pass me along the owner's manual for the Vivitar VI enlarger?? I would greatly appreciate this! a PDF format file would work great....I checked the website on jollinger.com --> but no manual for the Vivitar VI was there to be found
    thanks
    awindels
    Last edited by awindels2002; 05-28-2011 at 01:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by awindels2002 View Post
    I've got a favor to ask if anyone of you can pass me along the owner's manual for the Vivitar VI enlarger?? I would greatly appreciate this! a PDF format file would work great....I checked the website on jollinger.com --> but no manual for the Vivitar VI was there to be found
    thanks
    awindels
    I got this link from that site:

http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-c...rVI_Manual.pdf
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the 'light pipe' is a pretty good idea. Basically it replaces the traditional 'bounce the light off styrofoam' mixing box that is quite inefficient. When it came out I figured it was a pice of fiber optic cable with the fibers randomly dispersed from entrance to exit and would produce almost no light loss during the mixing process. But I have never seen one up close to confirm this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin