Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,660   Online: 818

One of the negative carriers I got was a 4x5 "universal" glass carrier. I'm guessing they mean universal in the sense that anything smaller then 4x5 wiill fit in there. What should I use to mask off the neg carrier for smaller sizes. It came with virutally every carrier made by beseller except for 6x6 and you can guess which one I'd like to use.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm not familiar with your enlarger but there may be an accessory masking stage - a frame complete with sliding, adjustable masking blades? Alternatively you could mask a larger carrier with thin card/paper.

I think it's supposed to be the second way. Paper or something. OTOH nothing else in the box so if it's supposed to come with any masks they've gone missing-( The joys of buying used I guess.

I've got a 6x7 holder I might try.

Beseler's glass carrier is supplied without masks. Rubylith (any good art supply store) makes a good mask, so does fully exposed lith film. Paper might be too thick or not opaque enough.---Carl

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin