Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,127   Online: 914

Shooter
    Multi Format

swing-away MG Filters??

As mentioned in a previous thread - I'm trying to convert my DeVere 504 Dichro to a cold light in order to drop my exposure times, and, HOPEFULLY (crossing my fingers) get enough light to start knocking out some murals... anyway - since the enlarger is no longer going to be dichro - I need to retrofit some MG filters if I'm going to use any non-graded papers (and since I just bought a PILE!!!! of Forte VC paper on a closeout).

So....I'm thinking a swing-away filter would be really nice for ergonomics - though it's in the optical path - so I'd have to be able to find some really good filters...

Otherwise... find some way to slide ilford filters in under the light... and that's a whole OTHER can of worms.

Is there anyone else who's been in the same boat or has any recommendations?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beseler made a holder for the filters that mounted to the lens barrel. You can look for that or make something along that line. I've also popped the red filter out of the swingaway that some enlargers have and dropped a VC filter onto it, but you have to watch the alignment to prevent inadvertant vignetting.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford make beneath-the-lens multigrade filters. Comes in a set with a holder that attaches to the lens.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    As mentioned in a previous thread - I'm trying to convert my DeVere 504 Dichro to a cold light in order to drop my exposure times, and, HOPEFULLY (crossing my fingers) get enough light to start knocking out some murals... anyway - since the enlarger is no longer going to be dichro - I need to retrofit some MG filters if I'm going to use any non-graded papers (and since I just bought a PILE!!!! of Forte VC paper on a closeout).
    <snip>
    Hi,
    Did the cold light significantly decrease your exposure times on VC paper?
    Celac

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin