Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,413   Online: 1144

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller View Post
    I don't see a negative carrier in the photographs. The lamp house appears to be tweaked where it mates with the condenser housing. The bellows are shot from what I can see.

The bellows and the lamp house should be able to be resolved without too much problme...the neg carrier may be another matter. It could be in a box and not shown...but ask about it before you buy it.

What condensers come with this enlarger? are they scratched or chipped...even a small defect will show. What formats will the condensers cover. The lamp at 300 watts is way, way undersized. The thorn lamp is no longer available..but you can buy a lamp kit from Jensen for something south of $800.

What focal length lenses? what shape are they in?

These are all things that I would want to check out before I obligated myself. It is unlikely that the chassis is worn out...they will last several lifetimes unless severely abused.
    Donald - if you look closely - you can see a neg carrier in the neg stage.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yep, you're correct. I sure missed it.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Laborator 1200 for sale in Boston. If you are willing to drive with a vehicle it can fit, I'll sell it very cheaply. The enlarger is complete with condenser head, lens board and negative carriers for 4x5 format. I already have a Laborator 138 and another smaller Durst, so I just can't justify keeping 3 enlargers. Reasonable offers for swap also considered, but not with another enlarger. Also, I have the original operator's manual. Please PM for more details.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 03-19-2007 at 09:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

if you don't mind my asking, who's selling this durst 138s? and what state is he in?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the state the enlarger is in isn't the question, the question is, which country is the enlarger in?

Some people for some obscure reason try to stay completely unknown, then request information which almost requires country or major region based information to get an answer. Not the best way to get accurate information.

I'm assuming the originator of the thread is in Australia, possibly in Perth, Western Australia, or perhaps the enlarger is in Perth, hence the 3,000 Klm trip.

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry for not having my information in, I just hadn't got round to it.. all corrected now.. I'm in Perth, and the 138S is in Sydney.. the 184S is in NSW somewhere too! Once I've bought what I want.. Ill happily share the sources!

Daniel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Daniel,

There are Durst, DeVere and Beseler anlergers on e-bay in Australia, quite often. Sometimes a few of them appear in the same time, but sometimes you need to wait for a month or so. For a good 4x5 model (often with a lens or two), expect to pay AU$500-650.

Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
    Unfortunately, shipping a 138S from the US to Australia is not likely to be an in-expensive excercise!

The reason that they're going to cost that, is he has a couple of incomplete chassis, spare parts and he's going to build one up, which will take him some time obviously. I'll also get to pretty much specify what heads I want. Any suggestions there?

Are Durst 138S very common? I don't think there has ever been one for sale on the Australian ebay.

Are the 138S one of the better 4x5 enlargers? I have to say, having the whole thing installed and calibrated for me is attractive, since I'm just getting into wet processes. I paid more money for my 24" DesignJet. Maybe there are some things I can get him to throw in out of his warehouse which will make it more worth it?

Daniel.

Edit :

This was his suggestion too.

dang, that's too far away. i really wish i lived in australia right now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin