Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,090   Posts: 1,612,423   Online: 1201

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Durst Multigraph

Dear friends!

My school of photograpy in Ljubljana got almost new Durst Multigraph enlarger. Now I have to run this enlerger, but I do not have manuals.
    Because I have Pictochrom at home, I thought that this will be easy job for me. Not realy. Without manuals I can not do a lot. It would help me if someone can send me calibration data (for grades - Y, M and density), because it seems, that this enlarger is without it. For start data for Ilford RC papers will be fine.
    And here is another question - probe. How should this probe be used? Should I measure light, dark or middle grey from projected negative?

If someone have manuals please contact me with private message.

Thank You all for Your help.

Peter.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    For paper grades, you would use the manufacturer's data for your paper. Consult the paper data sheet.

For exposure, you probably have to make a test and calibrate the sensitivity.

The probe you would use to measure contrast. You depress the button, and find the lightest and darkest part of your negative. The enlarger will then determine the contrast, and set the paper grade accordingly.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Durst Multigraph

Dear Petzi.

Do You have Multigraph enlerger?

When I use multigraph probe and press button, the time is automaticly set, but always different.

How should be aperture set? To a working apetrure or fully open? What lihht must be on when I measure with probe? Filtered light or white light.

When I will set data for specific paper (Ilford multigrade RC), how will I found data for density for grades?

How can I set specific time? If I set time for 3 seconds, this enlarger give me time a little more (I guess about 0.5 seconds), even if I have set density at that grade zero?

I hope that You can help me now.

And please, if You have manuals I would need a copy.

Thanks You all.

Peter.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Yes I have a Multigraph. The probe is meant to be used like this: You put it under the projected image. Then you hold down the button. Then you move it to the brightest and the darkest part of the image. The computer will record the minimum and the maximum values it receives from the probe. Just move it around to make sure you get what you want. Then you release the button. Do it like this, you will see it will give you much more consistent results.

When you measure, the computer will remove the filters automatically!

Don't worry about exposure times, the computer will do what it wants to. It is a closed loop system. It will adjust time to compensate for brightness changes even during the exposure, or when you change lamps.

I will see if I have data for Ilford paper.

I have a manual somewhere...
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Durst Multigraph

Dear Petzi!

I will try to measure with probe as You explain me. And here is another question: should be darkroom safelights off while I use probe, or measurement does not affect to probe?

In case if You find manuals, I would be very happy if You can help me.

My school
    http://www2.arnes.si/~ssof/index.htm
    would be also very thankfull.

Peter.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    you can buy the multigraph manual direct from durst. It is available in several languages for 45 euros

http://www2.durst.it/shop/default.asp

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Durst Multigraph

Thank You all for Your help.
    I recieved one copy in German language, and if someone will need it, I will gladly help.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Petzi:

Are you familiar with the use of Multigraph enlarger? When I set time on the control box, say 10 seconds, it jumps to a totally different time, say 17, 18 seconds. What am I supposed to do?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When you dial 10 on the control box it is not a time you dial but more something like an "exposure time reference" (we have to be inventive don't we ?). The actual number of seconds of the exposure appears when you press the button to start this exposure (in your example, 17 or 18 seconds). This has to do with the computerized closed loop system. The light that outputs from your enlarger is not always the same depending on variables like how old is your bulb, its temperature and perhaps other elements I don't know of. The important thing is that when you'll dial 10 again on your control box, a few minutes or a few years later, whatever the number of seconds the computer will decide the exposure should last depending on the given variables at that moment, the paper will receive the exact same amount of light.
    Now a treat for Durst users, here is a link to download Instructions as well as Service and Repair manuals for many products http://durst.loremi.com/
    Last edited by Celepe; 11-24-2014 at 10:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ooops, I hadn't seen Petzi already answered this point many years ago !

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin