Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,237   Online: 876

Images
    Hi All,

I am going to construct some sort of under the lens shutter / red filter setup for my Omega D2. The plan is to keep the enlarger light on all the time in order to avoid neg pop once it heats up.

My Idea is to mount a second lens board upside down under the one in use. I would do this by putting a pivot screw through the handle on the lens board. What type of red filter will work for this application? Will a standard Red25 work, or will it fog the paper? I plan on doing some tests, but don't want to fork over the dough for a filter that won't fit any of my lenses.

Thanks!
    Brian
    hi!

Wouldn't some sort of safe light filter be the best choice?

Images
    I don't know... thats why I asked! heehee
    hi!

HI Brian

I think you will be quite safe using printers film called "Ruby Lith" . I use this to make shading masks for black & white printing which has the advantage of being able to see the bits you are shading.

Hi again Brian

further to my earlier posting re ruby lith, if you e-mail me your address I will send you a couple of square feet to play with

Images
    Very cool! thanks much!
    hi!

Hi Bmac
    I recieved your address by e-mail ok, material has been sent by airmail today.

I have also enclosed an article that I downloaded from a newsgroup that tells you how to use it, Have fun.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use rubylith in my safe ligth and it works great. you should be ok with it.

Images
    Awesome!
    hi!

I used rubylith to mask off the perimeter of my 11X14 contact printing frame giving me a nice white boarder when contacting 8X10 negs on 11X14" paper. But I have noticed that with very long exposures, (over a minute, yes...bullet-proof negs) there was a bit of fogging.
    - William Levitt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin