Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,119   Online: 1124

Shooter
    Multi Format

Need Beseler 45 Lensboard Plate/Assembly

I recently bought a used 45MXT that had been converted to a turret system. I have more than 3 lenses (and other Beseler enlargers) that I depend on for various duties and would prefer to simply swap lenses on their own boards. The seller did not have the lensboard plate and assembly that are listed as 10-49523 and 10-49522 in the parts list. Does anyone have an old parted-out rig that would supply these missing pieces?

Does anyone know what's up with Beseler? They don't answer emails and their website is certainly minimal in information, etc. I can imagine it isn't the best of times for them with solid used gear being almost given away, making the purchase of new gear less appealing as an option to ownership.

I've attached a picture of the parts I'm needing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 45mxt_parts.jpg  
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I called them last fall and they answered the phone. The part I needed was way, way, too expensive to buy new, though, since there's sooooo much used stuff out there. By the way, I think the 23c lensboard and the 45 are the same.

Try posting in the classified section here, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I called them a few weeks ago & they answered quickly. As Troy said, their price for the part I needed was too expensive. Freestyle had the same part for much cheaper.

Craig

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought that I'd add a follow-up to this old thread in case someone finds their way to it with a similar problem or question. I happened onto a Beseler plate #10-49524 that was the exact piece to solve this issue. I have 2 machines (an MXT and an XL) and quickly found another one on eBay so that now my 23CII and 45's can all interchange optics (I have different light sources on each).

This piece simply replaces the turret and allows the use of the standard 4" Beseler lens boards to be positioned correctly. Another thing that I discovered when mounting my 150mm was that the adapter on the turret (39mm to 50mm) was able to be used on the 39mm board, making its mounting easy and straightforward without buying a special board and/or pricey 50mm jam nut.
    Craig Schroeder

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin