Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,618   Online: 1049

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    To help with the dodging, make sure you turn on the 1 second bleed function (actually it is a nice sounding "tock") and count the seconds as you would if you have ever used a metronome.

The Stop Clock is a extremely well thought out piece of equipment and you will quickly learn to appreciate its many virtues

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanb View Post
    When I hit the STORE button for the first time (corresponding to the 22.6s -4 stops), I guess the SC makes this first exposure the base time ... no ?

So, when I set the second step of the program and if I enter as you say the "+1 stop", the SC will compute this +1 stop from the first exposure and it will not correspond to the 22.6s -3stops I wish to obtain, am I right ?
    No - they are the same. If you are using 1/4 stop steps for example, 22.6 sec - 4 steps = 11.3 secs and 22.6 secs - 3 steps = 13.4 secs. The difference is 2.1 secs (13.4 - 11.3 = 2.1). If you press Store with a base time of 11.3 secs and enter one step, that step will be 2.1 secs - exactly the same.

That's the clever thing about f-stop printing - everything becomes predictable and you effectively have a linear control of print density.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin