Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,531   Online: 865

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was also getting the Newton rings with 35 mm - haven't tried the plain glass with 120.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue780 View Post
    Also I noticed that (according to the picture in the manual) there is supposed to be a red filter attached to the bottom of the enlarger, but my enlarger didn't come with it. Does anyone know where I can get one of these?
    Are you going to print color or b&w (or both)? The red filter is only for b&w printing, and has no use for color printing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by max_ebb View Post
    Are you going to print color or b&w (or both)? The red filter is only for b&w printing, and has no use for color printing.
    I'm only going to be printing b&w

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the lens stage is built like my Durst 601, there is a hole where the support shaft for the red filter goes, you will need to cover it with some black tape, or plug it somehow. Othewise the light coming through there will fog your paper.

Shooter
    35mm
    No noise with my transformer either. Try 35mm without glass in the neg carrier. I have never bothered with glass and the prints still look sharp at up to 8x10( my biggest) at least.

The bulb has a small flat piece on the rim of the reflector which should be at the bottom. It needs to sit evenly in a slightly recessed rim into which it is placed otherwise one side can easily slip into the hole into which it fits and it will then be at an angle.

If you replace the bulb then try and clean out the holes in the ceramic holder into which the bulb's two prongs fit. Use either a large needle or better still a very small round file. The inside of the ceramic holder's holes can build up material caused by electrical arcing when the bulb is switched on. This will eventually interfere with the electrical transmission and the bulb will appear to dim and then brighten during exposure, giving you exposure problems.

Even with the need for a transformer and bulb, if everything else works fine then at the equivalent of 25 pounds sterling you have a bargain.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Durst still provides some M605 parts at their online shop under the M670 product category. Many of the parts for the M605 and M670 are interchangeable (i.e. transformers, negative carriers, lensboards, bulbs):
    http://www2.durst.it/shop/usa/prodtitel.asp?prodcatid=2

Shooter
    Medium Format

transformer noise

If the power supply contains a traditional transformer it will tend to hum/buzz with age. Transformers are usually constructed of wire windings on laminated metal cores. Over time the cores tend to de-laminate and the loose layers make noise, usually to the pitch of the 60Hz or 50Hz current in use. This should not present a problem.

Shooter
    35mm
    Howdy ... do you still have a manual for that M605??? If so, could you email the "pdf" file to skiph1@gmail.com???
    Thanks,
    Skip Heine

I'm not at my normal PC, but if you want, I've got a PDF manual somewhere that lists a lot of the accessories and their names. I could email it your way. I downloaded it in the past year or so, so you could always do a search online for it...

Good luck,[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin