Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,578   Online: 867

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll start to carefully take it apart and see how much I can start understanding by looking at the manuals I have and the diagram of every bit, part, and screw on it. I'll do a better job investigating about that shop manual, but if you know off hand where I could order one, I think that might not be a bad idea. I'll be sure to take some good photographs to remember how it was all together to begin with, and show you what it's looking like. Maybe it won't be too bad after all and I'll learn some important things about it before I even get a print out of it. I gotta learn thes things one day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might find some info in this thread also:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/5...d-scratch.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So I fixed my enlarger and here was the trouble. While taking it apart and cleaning it a bit, i noticed that the cable connection from the motor to the circuit board or whatever wasn't aligned and whoever last worked on it was obviously thinking about something other than the enlarger cause it's sort of a silly mistake. Any how, I put it back together after realigning it and it took a few attempts to get it to stay zero-ed, but it's finally working. Thanks so much for your help! here's a pic if you're interested in taking a look

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amarupa...7623228490619/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice work!!
    I was using my D5500 last night and thinking of how it must feel to have a non-working enlarger.

Are you using the Translator-Controller? or the smaller controller? If you are using the bigger Translator-Controller, I find it works best for multigrade printing by putting it into "program" mode. That way the actual filter values you are using show up on the indicators. In the "Translator" mode, it normalizes the display so all the colors show 00.

Let me know, I can take you through it step by step if you have not already figured it out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love this forum. I just picked up a d5500 and could not get the cyan to move and zero out. I took it apart and saw the issue with the rollers and thanks to ic-racer I have the measurements and can go out tomorrow and get what I need.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've recently acquired a d5500 with dichroic lamphouse hooked up to controller III.
    I get a 'no fan' error on the display on power up. Any one got a quick fix for this? The fan is on and working well, I've dismantled the head and all connectors seem to be connected properly. Does anyone know if the service manual goes into the depths of the circuit board? Ant advice would be well appreciated. Best wishes Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "No fan" is supposed to show when the little termistor mounted on the power supply board in the head reaches its critical temp like 60 degrees centigrade. My fan once went out and with shorter exposures I usually use, it never got hot enough to show that signal. If you get that signal right off then there obviously is an issue other than the fan.

The easiest fix would be if the little thermistor got bent and broken from prior tampering. It seems each time I take a power supply out it winds up getting a little bent.

The manual considers the power supply board a replaceable part, but the schematic is shown and you can go through there and diagnose things. For $35 each, I replaced every component to get 2 boards working again.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/5...d-scratch.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks for your reply ic-racer. I wish I knew as much about the electronics on this board as you do. I am at a loss at the minute as to which component on the board is the termistor? I have the service manual on order from the US but the machine is in bits in the UK. The Controller III displays on power up a load of garbled nonsense, then "no fan" appears. Such a shame as the color head was demonstrated to me as working fine when I picked it up. I am working on replacing the main rubber rollers and also the aquarium tubing fix on the color filter movers. Your previous posts have been really helpful. I really hope I can get the unit back working again other wise the enlarger will become a black and white only unit running off a simple switch to operate the lamp and fan. That would be a pity I feel.
    On this image from your "replace everything on the board" posting where is the termistor located?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...erBoardPRE.jpg

Help! Has anyone got a pdf of the service manual by chance? Please email to printing@pumptruck.co.uk
    Cheers, Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is the thermistor.
    Though, if it worked recently, then you may be in good shape. Check for things like good connection at the cable attachment points on the Controller III and on the light mixing box. Is the bulb good?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the Photo. Bulb seems to work well. Also pleased to confirm that all the components seem to match up with your board. There is a thermister present and seems solidly attached to the board. Last night I removed the color filters for cleaning - they were really gunked up. I cleaned the machine up and made some beautiful black and white prints just using the switch. Later tonight I plan to do a few more larger 20" x 16" prints. Whilst the color aspect of the enlarger is at present not working I am delighted to actually be getting some use from my D5500 enlarger. When I have some more time on the weekend I'll get back under the bonnet and try to sort the electrics out. watch this space. cheers to ic-racer for his help here ... I'll be back... and post some photos of how I am getting on. Ken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin