Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,186   Online: 658

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    we cut filters all the time to fit the 23c, placing above the condensor. They come in 12 X 12 sheets and i replace grade 3 almost every quarter. Easy to cut. They run about 16.00 a sheet.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Ken

Greetings,
    In regards to the sliding filter holder on the 23C, if this were to be used with the red safety filter and not vc filters, then where did Beseler intend these hard plastic mounted filters to be used?
    Ken

Ken: I expect the small, hard-mounted Beseler filters are to be mounted below the lens on the swing-out filter holder that can be attached down there. I think some models of 23C came with this holder in place. I've not seen the filters or the holder and can't be sure of this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    my friend finally came thru with the Rosco filter numbers. The are for blue aan green Rosco Sky Blue 68 and Chroma Green 389 gels I am not sure if Calumet sells them but you can contact this lady and she will sell you what you need. I don't know the price but I think 6 to 10 dollars.

Nikki Smith can be reached at 817-354-4072, DeShea Designs, LLC
    1220 Airport Freeway
    Suite G, PMB 429
    Bedford, Texas 76022

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to add my two cents, keep an eye on EBay. All sorts of otherwise hard to find items show up there. As for my preference, I always preferred to put the gel type filters above the condensor. It goes in the drawer, is out of the way and not on the floor (I am a klutz), and if the filter is not in perfect shape, at least it is not in the image path. You can use the hard below-the-lens filters and I have used them, but you have to be more gentle in your handling of them. I did try using "wrong brand" filters for different papers, and the results were less than good. Using Ilford filters with Kodak paper gave me flat, low contrast, "muddy looking" prints. Popping in the Kodak filter, everything was fine. So, if you use Kodak filters, use Kodak paper. If you use Ilford filters, use Ilford filters.

Thanks. I'm putting together an order of stuff from the US. Trying to decide what I really need and what I can put off. Funny how the list of real needs is always shocking when you're done-))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin