Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,852   Online: 950

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

WTB Jobo one liter plastic rectangular bottles for CPP-2

Two of the clear one liter bottles are cracked and leaking on my Jobo CPP-2. Does anyone know where to buy new or used replacement bottles. I would like to either replace these two or get a set of three clear and three black. I live near Cleveland, Ohio USA so a US source would ease shipping.

Thanks,

John Powers

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Those bottles are a right pain - they crack at the seams at the drop of a hat unfortunately. And cost far too much to replace.

On a more positive note, Calumet sell the replacements. Just do a search for 'Jobo bottle' on their website and you'll see them all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B&H also carries them, or at least did the last time I had reason to look.
    I hate them for the cost, but they are nice in that they take up less room than round bottles. I've never had a problem with cracking.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think the cracking is a function of temperature when you're washing them. I wash my bottles in very hot water, and that seems to cause the Jobo bottles to go brittle and eventually crack. (Obviously I don't wash them in very hot water any more :^).)

There is a cheapskate alternative to the official Jobo bottles by the way - Ilford's 1l bottles of film chemistry are the right size to fit the slots in the Jobo, so you can just wash out your old Ilford Photoflo/Fixer/DD-X bottles and use them. (I say 'film chemistry' because their paper developers/toner come in those bloody stupid square bottles with the "guaranteed to spill" lid; they won't work.)

Shooter
    Multi Format

which "other" processors use the same size bottles?

Do any of the bottle warm-up units use the same bottle?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The HAMA brand bottles are far better than the JOBO branded. I don't know if you can get them in the US.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    Do any of the bottle warm-up units use the same bottle?
    My Jobo TBE (tempering box) came with 10 of the same 1 liter bottles as my Jobo CPP processor.http://www.largeformatphotography.in...84&postcount=7

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks all. I just received a good sized order of supplies from B&H. Should of, ought to have, you know, probably next time. Thanks Geert. I searched on Hama in the US, found many of their products, but not the Jobo bottles.
    Nothing urgent, a leaky bottle in all those gallons of water is not a big thing. I'll start a list now for the next supply order.

Thanks,

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John et al,

here is a reference to those bottles: 00008754 Hama Bottles 1000 ml
    http://www.hama.de/portal/articleId*4648/action*2563

The links points to the German website, but you can find them under:
    Products > Photostudio > Laboratory > Bottle/Measuring cylinders

They fit perfectly in the JOBO processor slots.
    I think I like them better because I already broke 2 Jobo bottle caps when tightening (probably overstressing).

Greetings,
    G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle also carries them. Available as a six bottle pack for $25.99 plus shipping.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...t_id=&pid=5622

Regards,
    Andrew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin