Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,782   Online: 815

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rharoldp View Post
    Iíve been toying with the idea of buying a second CPE for parts.
    Beyond that Iíll have a cry and move on.

Robert Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    To give you the last update from Jobo (Gummersbach). The CPP-2 is the last type processor which is made for the time being.

For B&W there is the Heiland TAS film processor alternative which can accept Jobo tanks (15XX/25XX), Kindermann, Paterson and others on request.

So max. 4x5" is possible with the Jobo 2509N (6 sheets)
    120/220 and 35mm in different sizes tank is not a problem.

http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documentatie/TAS_Flyer_D.pdf

as long as you can get a new motor and heating coil, I don't know what else can really break?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom, I recently received a CPE2 as a gift, (graciously). I had only had it for about 1 month when a friend called, who, in the middle of doing about three loads of C41 4x5", had his machine stop.

After a phone call, he came to my place and picked up my spare CPE2, which I had hastily checked to see if it ran, it did.

Eventually he traced the fault to the power supply, it had died. He found a power supply in Scotland, for about $40 USD on the net.

I'm not sure whether there aren't other bits of the electrical system that can be sourced, but obviously the power supply can be sourced for the early model CPE2 units.

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This has been on my mind, lately, as well. I not only process my 4X5 film in my JOBO, I also do all of my print processing in it. Did put in the motor upgrade a couple of years back. I NEED my JOBO.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    This thread is my worst nightmare and blessing, One it proves I am not the only one worried about this, I own 2large and 1 small Jobo and I have invested in so many accessories from 35 to 16x20 expert film drums, I am going nuts trying to find a potential replacement.
    If your unit has a auto lift arm like the two larger ones that I have, getting replacements in a timely manner from OS or even Jobo Europe, is very dicey. They will tell you 90 days if the part is not in stock.
    I think I can understand Jobos position , due to the current digital wave, but there are those of us who do have the equipment/ invested in their equipment , and will use their equipment in the future. I would think they would be wise enought to listen to a commited group.
    I would be interested in any all new methods, I have done nitrogeon burst and I can assure you unless you have a specific tank layout , that is very well designed to give even agitation the problems are nightmarish.
    But with that said I have considered getting Tom Vangarder in the States to design me such an unit and he has, when/ if Jobo does go the way of the dodo bird.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have 2 Jobos, one ATL1000 and one CPP2. My CPP2 is venerable and I hold my breath every time I use it. I only do B&W so I am a little uncomfortable about the ATL temperatures (75 deg. +) and the variety of chemicals I use is not optimum for the ATL workflow. I have an Arkay E6/C41 processing sink with all the nitrogen burst apparatus but it takes 2 1/2 gallons of chemicals, not great for my workflow. I guess it will be back to trays and tanks/hangers for me..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be gutted if my CPE2 packed up.
    Having said that, they are pretty simple devices, and (fairly) easily repairable, assuming a moderate understanding of things electrical.

Manfred of Ludens.cl has built a jobo-esque processor, which uses some rather neat temperature control techniques. I have a copy of his BASIC Stamp controller code saved offline, so if necessary, I could completely refit the control gear and add digital control to my jobo for around £100.

I also have some schematics for a slightly modified replacement for the Jobo stock PCB, which should come out a bit cheaper

IIRC, you can get replacement rotation motors in the guise of windscreen wiper motors.

http://www.ludens.cl/photo/processor/processor.html
    http://www.ludens.cl/Electron/photoproc/photoprc.html
    http://www.tech-diy.com/jobo.htm
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis View Post
    To give you the last update from Jobo (Gummersbach). The CPP-2 is the last type processor which is made for the time being.

For B&W there is the Heiland TAS film processor alternative which can accept Jobo tanks (15XX/25XX), Kindermann, Paterson and others on request.

So max. 4x5" is possible with the Jobo 2509N (6 sheets)
    120/220 and 35mm in different sizes tank is not a problem.

http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documentatie/TAS_Flyer_D.pdf
    Robert,

the TAS looks like a fine appparatus, but it lacks temperature control. Right?

Greetings,
    G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know what everyone is freaking out about.

If you can make your own b&w emulsion and coat it on a base, you can darn well fabricate an automated processing unit on the bones of a Jobo.

The only thing that is gone is the convenience of standardized parts and a dealer network, which appears to be fading anyway.

Why is everyone, other than ben-s, acting as if common electrical and mechanical knowledge is disappearing with Jobo?

Get a grip folks!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin