Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,219   Online: 967

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been on the look out for one for the last 2 years (anyone in Adelaide wanna sell one for under $1000?), but since one hasn't cropped up conveniently I've started making plans to build my own. Poor university students must compromise. It's a simple concept - PIC controllers, stepper motors and heating elements.
    All of the knowledge and parts for this sort of technology are freely available, but I have a long shopping list and a small budget so it isn't gonna be completed any time soon. Doesn't hurt to make plans though.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In addition to my own work, I process B&W for a few local custom labs. I successfully used a CPP-2 for many years. Inevitably, the motor died on me. While it was being repaired I reverted to my Paterson System 4. For the labs the change was seamless; for me the change was quite dramatic. For my own work I noted increased sharpness and better tonal gradation in my negatives. Not sure why but, (unfortunately, because it's a pain in the you-know-what) there was a definite and quite dramatic improvement when I switched to manual.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob - that is a disturbing observation that I will have to look into. Constant agitation is my first guess as to the differences.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ""Constant agitation is my first guess as to the differences""-- I guess that is at least one reason among many that she packed her stuff and hit the road !! Joe B. or is that Joe Bo
    Isn't that odd!
    Joseph Burke

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin