Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,659   Online: 872

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I may tag along this thread, I'm looking for advice on an either/or situation for my B-22XL. I currently print only 35mm with a 50/2.8 El-Nikkor, but am thinking about venturing into 645 or maybe 6x6 territory. I already have two lenses of the appropriate (give or take) focal length: an El-Omegar 75/3.5 and a Rodenstock OMEGAR 75/4.5. I only need one, so which one to keep? Is there a significant resolution/sharpness/contrast difference between them (I know that they're both lower end lenses, so it may very well be six of one/half-dozen of the other)?

The obvious answer would be to make prints with both and judge by my eyes, however 1. I don't have any 120 negs to try out, and 2. I only have a lensboard for one of them and don't want to bother getting the right size lensboard for the other to test if the conventional wisdom here is that there's little difference between the two lenses.

Thanks for your insight,

ignatiu5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatiu5 View Post
    If I may tag along this thread, I'm looking for advice on an either/or situation for my B-22XL. I currently print only 35mm with a 50/2.8 El-Nikkor, but am thinking about venturing into 645 or maybe 6x6 territory. I already have two lenses of the appropriate (give or take) focal length: an El-Omegar 75/3.5 and a Rodenstock OMEGAR 75/4.5. I only need one, so which one to keep? Is there a significant resolution/sharpness/contrast difference between them (I know that they're both lower end lenses, so it may very well be six of one/half-dozen of the other)?

The obvious answer would be to make prints with both and judge by my eyes, however 1. I don't have any 120 negs to try out, and 2. I only have a lensboard for one of them and don't want to bother getting the right size lensboard for the other to test if the conventional wisdom here is that there's little difference between the two lenses.

Thanks for your insight,

ignatiu5
    The obvious answer is neither one is going to make you any money so you keep them both.Or you get rid of them both and buy a Componon S.

Is someone with a shotgun holding it to your head and telling you to get rid of one?

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought a B22 in 1974 and installed an Aristo cold light head in '93. I am using El-Nikkor lenses instead of the El-Omegars and still making nice prints with this setup today. I found the El-Nikkor 50mm f/2.8 to be sharper than the El-Omegar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin