Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,162   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I just used some thin nylon rope strung across my sinks and hang the film with clothspins. As I leave the darkroom I ask the Gods of Dust and Grim not to stir up a ruckus while I am away. So far, they haven't--but I have never forgotten to ask either. The film dries fine and I have never noticed any dust attachments.
    huh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hang mine from a wire coathanger clipped on to the blades of my cealing fan in my bedroom. Works great. If I want to hurry it along a little, I just turn it on low and let is spin. I am just tempting dust to come and get it, arn't I

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I dry mine in the bathroom from the shower rod. Its so humid here in the summer that there's no need to run the shower to settle the dust. I've never had a problem with dust on my negatives, even with all the dust my 4 birds manage to kick up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I hang all of my sheet film using binder clips available from any office supply store. These grasp the film more positively then clothspins. (Two of the smaller clips hold a sheet of 12X20). I have no need to speed drying along with heat since a busy day shooting will be from 6-12 sheets of film.

By the way I found the way to slow down...shoot bigger negatives.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My rollfilms dry in a high bathroom-type cupboard. I've taken all the shelves out of it and sealed all the joins and holes. Before hanging my films to dry inside it, I wipe the inside down with a moist cloth. The film doesn't dry any faster, but I (almost) never have any dust problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hang my film from clips I have installed on the drop ceiling brackets in my darkroom. There is very little air movement in there with the door closed and no one in there. It has worked fine for me so far.
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a homemade drying tent that has various hangers for different formats.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a number of clips mounted on a wire coathanger. The whole thing is then hung up wherever I fancy: Sometimes in the darkroom, sometimes in the bathroom, sometimes even outdoors. This time of year it's generally indoors, to avoid embedded dandelion seeds...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin