Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,416   Online: 1003

Shooter
    35mm RF

Durst M70 wall mounting brackets wanted

I've spoken to the importer and these things are discontinued. Any idea where else I might look? I've also spoken to www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ha ha... I'm trying to find some neg carriers for my Modular 70 without much success.
    I think your best bet would be Ebay, or make something.
    The Modular 70 manual has a fairly clear picture of the bracket.
    While it would be fairly difficult to have a pressed steel bracket made, someone could weld something up out of plate and bar really easily.
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a simple wall bracket made for my M601 about 25 years ago, now I use it with an M670. Any small metal working shop can make you a bracket that's equally if not stronger than the Durst original, and at a fraction of the cost.

Should be easy to get one made in London.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Then it looks like fabrication is the answer. I'll have a look at the manual. Ben-s, which neg holders are you looking for? I'm looking at getting an MF camera in the not too distant future and will be alarmed if I find I can't get a neg holder.

PS. Thanks for the replies

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by unhinged View Post
    Then it looks like fabrication is the answer. I'll have a look at the manual. Ben-s, which neg holders are you looking for? I'm looking at getting an MF camera in the not too distant future and will be alarmed if I find I can't get a neg holder.

PS. Thanks for the replies
    Sorry, I've only just seen this post.
    I'm after the 645 and possibly 67. I have the 66 and 35mm (came with the enlarger)
    Durst machines seem awkward to get spares for. Can't say I wasn't warned though. I guess I'm just a stubborn mule

BTW, if anyone wants a PDF of the M70 manual, please PM me - I have one which I can email. I was more than slightly annoyed that I had to pay £21 (IIRC) for it.
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Greetings. The sirioneg metal negative carrier and all 35mm, 6x6 and 6x7 format carrier masks and other Durst enlarger accessories are still available for the Durst Modular 70, M670 and M605 at the Durst On-line Shop:
    http://www2.durst.it/shop/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got 6x6, 6x7 and anti-newton glass inserts for my M670 from the Durst Italy webshop a couple of months ago. Shipping was quite expensive, but service was very good - and i still paid a lot less for new items than people were paying on ebay, even with the postage!

Thankfuly my M670 came with the wall-mounts, i don't know if they are the same as what you're looking for - they're heavy cast iron things, but i should imagine you could make some wooden replacements fairly easily.
    "Well, my name's Jim. But, most people call me . . . Jim"

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The bracket that is used to mount the enlarger to the baseboard is cast so I'd expect the wall brackets to be fairly similar. I think the part number is AC80 though I've not got the speec. with me at the moment. I think I may end up getting them fabricated as suggested.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin