Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,874   Posts: 1,520,175   Online: 1026

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

It followed me home... can I keep it?

Found this lost soul looking for a home. It is now snugly tucked into the darkroom, and undergoing cleaning/renovation. It's a Beseler 5x7MVT.
    The price was right... "please haul this away". Most everything works, except the four lights surrounding the lower stage. What they do, IDK.
    When I get this thing lined up, I plan on using it to enlarge my 6x17's... finally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1021071353.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What, no color head? :o

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hmmm... Maybe they used it as a copy stand, and that's what the four lights were for. Omega D-series enlargers could be converted easily for 4x5" copy work with a film back attachment with a mirror to see the groundglass that fit in place of the head and a lensboard that included a secondary bellows. I don't know about this one.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, the four lamps are inside the bellows, or rather just above the lower stage, between the two bellows, set in a square, one to each side, just above that carrier. They seem to be OEM, rather than an add on.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    What, no color head? :o

Rich
    If you can find me one that fits.......

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    We have one of those in the college darkroom where I teach. Just takes up room. No one uses it.

Enjoy.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got one of those out in the garage right now (needs work)!
    The four lamps are for the vignetting feature. Good luck if you have the parts.
    I was going to do the same as you (print 6x17), but now that I have a Crown Graphic, I can use it for 4x5 too!

Dan
    ... Hmmm..., f5.13 @ 1/23 should do it.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's cleaned up, and functioning. I won't be using the vignetting feature, so I just pulled the lamps. I need to fashion a negative carrier, and devise some sort of filter scheme. I will probaly need to filter below the lens, and I've not done that before. Anybody know a good solution, that doesn't involve screwing things on and off? Another option would be to use gel filters in the slot above the neg carrier, but they would have to be about 8x8" or so. perhaps if I mounted some gel to white plex, in place of the diffuser.... I think rosco might make gels that would do the trick. I only need the hardest and softest, for split printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In The Variable Contrast Printing Manual, Anchell recommends the Rosco #68 Sky Blue and #389 Chroma Green for split filter printing. I believe some papers might print lower contrast with a Straw filter, but I'd have to look that up. At $5.50 each for 20 x 24 inch filters, that's a reasonable price and multiple back-ups.

I've use the #68 and #389 with excellent results on Ilford MG.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Is that an enlarger or a mind control machine?

(looks like you made it in one piece)
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin