Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,432   Online: 993

Shooter
    35mm

Need Info on Sabre S+35 Enlarger

Hi Everyone:

I have a problem, I am hoping someone here can help out with.

Some years ago, I purchased a Sabre S+35 enlarger in a yard sale. Recently getting back into my own processing, I took it out of storage, and cleaned it up.

One problem - it is missing its negative carrier, and I can find no information on this old toy on the net. Does anyone have a Sabre enlarger and be able to take a good photo of the negative holder so that I can try to duplicate it? Better yet, does anyone have one they can spare.

I know it will be hard to find - this is just a shot in the dark, just in case someone can give me the information I need.

It looks as though the needed holder would be approximately 3 inches square, with the 35mm cutout in the center, and two indexing pins hold it in place.

Dave

Shooter
    35mm

Re: Need Info on Sabre S+35 Enlarger

Hopefully this will allow a photo of the enlarger to be seen... Perhaps there is another very similar enlarger which shared the same manufacturer...

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sabre.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    FYI - I may have found a carrier which will work. I only discovered one link for a Sabre enlarger on the net, a recent sale of a different Sabre model to a lady. I emailed her, asking for a photo of her carrier in the hopes a photo would help me to recreate one. Yes, she was willing, but she had an extra 35 mm carrier she was willing to part with. In a flurry of emails verifying measurements, etc. I have purchased it. It looks as though it will work with this machine, too. I will know of course for certain only when it arrives. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Just a follow up.... I have received the carrier from this lady, and it works perfectly. It only required the redrilling of the index pins to the correct loction for this model. It looks as though the Sabre enlargers must all have shared the same basic design of carriers, with the exception of where the index holes were drilled.

However, it is now a moot point, as I have since had that fabulous find of a Besler 23C II enlarger and accessories mentioned in another post.

Thanks,
    Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin