Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,389   Online: 992

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I remember, somewhere back in Win 3.1. I think I may still have 3.1 installation disks hidden away in storage. Maybe I'll dig them out and see if there's some sort of "timer.exe" there. When I'm traveling, I've often wished I could use my laptop as an alarm clock. Doesn't that seem like an obvious sort of application? Instead I use the alarm clock on my Digisix, because of course a light meter should have an alarm clock.
    No the timers were CICA or Simtel shareware/freeware, not part of Windows, Gates gives nothing decent away free

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lucky me - old hardware solution

I landed an 80's Vivitar 'Process Time Commander' in a darkroom lot buy up a few years ago. It is the cats meow for me. 3 separate 6 step timers that can be set up to run on own, or chained to one another. Digital display(dimmable) shows where it is at and what step and program it is running

It can squack at you when you should start draining, squack when to advance to the next step, counts up how late you are advancing to the next step when you are advancing manually, etc.

There is also a digital timer for enlarging that is more common.

The PTC had an optional temperature probe, and the enlarger timer had a sensor probe. I have never seen any documentation on these, and would love to find out more on them, to home build this functionality.

The power supply modules on these go flaky, but are easily repaired; I have rehabbed three of them, before giving them new lives via *baying them away. Contact me if you have a dead Vivitar timer, and I can guide you to how your electrical fix it man can bring them back if you are not up to it yourself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found the link, pity its only in Italian: XPHOTOTIMER.NET for Darkroom V.2.0

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    That looks really good - Ta
    I use that all the time. Works very well on my laptop in the darkroom.

The Wet-side part has the process timer and you can open multiple copies (if you can keep track of them!).

Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sswetlab.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    I wrote my own windows based program for the wet side. If you would give me some ideas as how you want it to work may be I can write a better one. Multiple timers is a good idea I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob...where is that software available...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PVia View Post
    Bob...where is that software available...?
    Sorry: it was a bit confusing - you'd have to follow the reply to the reply I replied to in order to find the original link given by Andrey! Sortcut = http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/darktools.htm

Cheers, Bob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin