Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,787   Online: 866

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Durst Enlarger - Something Missing..?

I've recently purchased two previously-owned Durst enlargers - an M605 and an M670BW. Would somebody be kind enough to tell me whether the filter drawers should have a glass insert on which the filter sits and/or a retaining clip of some description to secure the filter? A the moment the drawer to both enlargers are simply 'empty' aluminium frames. Many thanks.

Richard.
    Last edited by Richard Lee; 11-06-2007 at 06:56 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Durst F60 has a filter drawer that has a lip on all four sides to hold the filters.

However, I purchased the optional heat absorbing glass that also fits into the filter drawer. I can see how someone might think that this glass inerts was intended to be part of the support for filters when in fact it is also a filter.
    Louie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Louie,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. My filter drawer also has a lip on all four sides - not surprisingly I guess, but I remember my ancient Meopta, (also purchased second-hand); having an alloy four-sided retaining clip in addition to an opaque glass. I hadn't realised that the glass was itself a heat absorbing filter. Incidentally, I've since noticed that the drawer to each enlarger are different sizes so doubtless, I'm going to have a mother of a time tracking down the glass inserts. Thanks again.

Richard.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lee View Post
    Hi Louie,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. My filter drawer also has a lip on all four sides - not surprisingly I guess, but I remember my ancient Meopta, (also purchased second-hand); having an alloy four-sided retaining clip in addition to an opaque glass. I hadn't realised that the glass was itself a heat absorbing filter. Incidentally, I've since noticed that the drawer to each enlarger are different sizes so doubtless, I'm going to have a mother of a time tracking down the glass inserts. Thanks again.

Richard.
    You can cut your own use thin picture frame glass, spray it with tetenal anti newton ring spray.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that Bogeyes. I didn't know that a glass filter was the favoured option in the first instance, and now it seems the glass has to be of the 'anti-Newton' variety. Does the glass then, have any bearing on the strength of filtration and is it placed above or below the filters themselves? I sometimes wonder if APUG should introduce a beginner's section in the forum so that the masses might more easily avoid inane questions such as these...

Richard
    Last edited by Richard Lee; 11-08-2007 at 04:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin