Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,255   Online: 1036

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Hmmm... Wonder if anyone has a copy of the Beseler instruction sheet for their Color Print Processing Drums that comes with a new drum which they might be able to scan for me in Jpeg or PDF and send to dhunter@isn.net? It would be much appreciated!

Dave
    Last edited by DavePEI; 11-12-2007 at 10:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is a p***net thread about solution quantities for developing sheet film in the Beseler 8x10 tube:

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0039ML

I think the observations therein are probably at least helpful.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to save anyone digging and scanning, my circa 1980 instructions for motor base, drums, and Beseler 2 Step (ancient history) chemistry quantities were where I expected them to be, so .pdfs are sent to Dave.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    As Lee mentioned above, he scanned and sent me the needed docs. They arrived in my mailbox a few minutes ago.

Thanks, Lee!

Shooter
    35mm

Drum and Motor Base Received - Surplus and Unidentified Items!

Hi All:

My Beseler drum and motor base has been received. In answer to a note above, it was received with all of the paper guides, etc. Thank you all for your information on these, especially Lee, who scanned the docs for me.

Now, as I bought this in a lot, I do have some items which I will be offering to the list, but I would like to know what two items are:

1) At the left of the attached thumbnail is an item I think is some type of diffuser, probably an enlarger accessory. It is labelled 35 mm. It is lined with a foam type material and the bottom contains a ground glass diffuser.

2) the small drum on the lower right I am curious about... It is 2 1/2" in diameter, and 6" long. It contains three small plastic measuring cups, and one end contains a built in cup which can be filled from the outside. I am assuming it is also some type of developing drum... Anyone recognize it? Depending on what it is, I might be keeping it. This little drum has been identified. It is a 4x5 Cibachrome drum from their early intoductory kit!

There are also several items I will be offering to the list. I will place an ad in the For Sale area, but will be selling them on a "make it worthwhile to me to pack and ship them basis" plus actual shipping cost.

They include:

A) The odd diffuser item mentioned above

B) A brand new shrinkwrapped, in the package Negative Carrier for a Beseler 67C enlarger #6746 designed to hold a 2" slide

C) A Watson 100 - 35 mm bulk film loader, used but appears to be in greaty shape

D) A Yankee Standard Developing tank and two reels (I have a number of other tanks I may eventually let go). This tank has two adjustable reels, is clean and in good shape.

I could hang onto these, but really don't need them, so someone else who can put them to use is better off having them.

So, if anyone recognizes the "mystery items" or would like any of the surplus items, please contact me.

To see a larger image than the thumbnail here, go to:

http://www.islandregister.com/phones/new/surplus.jpg

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails surplus.jpg  
    Last edited by DavePEI; 11-22-2007 at 09:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dave,

At the upper left is a mixing chamber for an enlarger, very likely for a color head for a medium format enlarger, but I don't recognize the make/model. It should have an entry point for light to enter on the face that's down against the table.

The small drum looks like a Ciba model, which I recall fitting the description you give. They made smaller sizes for small or test prints. The extra cups were for holding the small amounts of chemicals in sequence ready for use in the drum.

Glad that the paper guides came with the Beseler drum. Have fun.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Lee:

Somewhat what I was thinking on the mixing chamber. Yes, it does have a roughly 35 mm size opening on the other side. Anyone who recognizes the make/model and wants it, let me know...

Yes, I am told it was a 4x5 drum from the Cibachrome introductory kit.. Almost seemed too small to be a drum, but was pretty sure that was what it was.

And yes, I was glad the glides and print separator came with the large Beseler drum. Unfortunately, they weren't mentioned in the auction, so I really couldn't be sure. Now, what I am wondering but haven't yet tried, is will the drum hold its contents without leaking. The cap comes off quite easily, so I will have to try it with some water in it to make sure. Otherwise, there are no cracks or defects. The motor base works great - nice, since they were the two items in the lot I wanted :-)

Thanks,

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave:

The mixing chamber may very well be the 35mm mixing chamber for a Beseler Dichroic Colour Head for the 67C enlarger. I can't really see it well enough in your photo to be sure.

Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin