Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,468   Posts: 1,570,827   Online: 1079

Ilford Multigrade 500 series footswitch help

My local photo store can not get an Ilford footswitch new or used.

I just missed out on a footswich on Ebay.

If anyone wants to part with this part I am interested in buying it from you.

Otherwise I need to figure out the "pinout" on the four prong foot switch connector plug to the Ilford 500 Multigrade head and a source for the connector.

I decided that trial and error might damage the head so if anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These guys can sell you a new footswitch with the correct pinout.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The attached scan from the service manual shows the required connection - you connect the switch between pin 2 and any of pins 1, 3 or 4. From memory, the plug you need is a standard 4-pin DIN, which you should be able to get from any electronics hobbyist store.

Note that you can download the service manual from http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/page.asp?n=161
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IlfordMultigradeFootswitchConnector.jpg  

Thank You

Perfect just what I was looking for, thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And a music shop should be able to sell you a footswitch intended for keyboard use. Just change the plug.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you need photo of pin connector send me PM.

BTW, I would need light mixing box for 35mm and 4x5"....

Shooter
    35mm

Footswitch type

I found this thread looking for this information - but, is that a "momentary on" or a "push on, push again off" footswitch I need?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrichard View Post
    I found this thread looking for this information - but, is that a "momentary on" or a "push on, push again off" footswitch I need?
    If you use Ilford Multigrade 500 system with control unit or Analyser 500 from RHDesigns you need "momentary on". Control unit switches the enlarger off automatically.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin