Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,665   Online: 952

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

How to connect JOBO CPP-2 solenoid?

Even though my grandpa Joe was a plumber, I am puzzled as to how to connect the cooling solenoid to my water supply in the CPP-2. I have a new model, it has a 3/4" screw connection with a built-in filter for the solenoid input behind the control panel and an elbow for the draining connection somewhat below the input. The drain came with a T unit, this confuses me. But my biggest puzzle is the solenoid connection, which only opens up when the unit needs to be cooled, but if I hook up my water supply to it and turn on the water, pressure builds up when the solenoid is closed because there is no outlet for the water. I am obviously missing something simple here. The instructions are not very helpful, at least not to me. Any suggestions?

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are two conection points on the back of the CPP. One (the lower) is the drain as mentioned and the other (on the motor unit) the water inlet.
    You have already connected the hose to this inlet and to the waterconnection. The other the drain goes straight into the sink. I don't know why there is a T-unit. It's definitively not on mines.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Harry, yes I have connected the water to the inlet, but when I turn on the water faucet the pressure builds up in the hose (I shut off the water before it popped when I tried it), because the water inlet only seems to open when the unit needs cooling water. If no cooling is needed the solenoid seems to be closed so no water can enter the unit. So I am not sure what is the correct way to connect up the water inlet (solenoid). Thanks, Hal

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think I have figured it out - the solenoid of course only opens when the unit needs to cool down, so I just have to figure out how to hook up the water supply tight enough that it won't leak under normal water pressure. I had it hooked up with some garden hose connections, but these leak some so I will have to think of something else.
    Regards,
    Hal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hal, you have it connected to your cold water supply correctly. If your mains water pressure is so high that it threatens to burst the hose, you'll need to add a pressure regulator or use a reinforced hose. The CPP-2 functions exactly the way you described it, with the hose carrying mains pressure until the solenoid opens in response to a call for cooling.

I don't know what the T unit on your drain is for; mine didn't come with one.

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hal9000 View Post
    I think I have figured it out - the solenoid of course only opens when the unit needs to cool down, so I just have to figure out how to hook up the water supply tight enough that it won't leak under normal water pressure. I had it hooked up with some garden hose connections, but these leak some so I will have to think of something else.
    Regards,
    Hal
    Yes that's correct. To fill the system do it directly in the lower (black) trough.
    To avoid leaking take a second rubber washer in the hose end connection
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin