Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,885   Online: 1181

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The best scissor for cutting film is the type for cutting clothes. Not too long but also not a very short one.
    Not a problem at all!

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Hi there. For those in need of left-handed items try my cousin at www.sinistershop.com. He has so many items that you will lust after and he tries to get the best quality. Pen knives, scissors etc. It was really an eye opener when he showed me the catalogue once. It really can be a handycap. Imagine using a manual can opener for example!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ned Flanders runs a left-handed shop too.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Tindale View Post
    Scissors are absolutely useless on film - they just bend it over and over and after about twenty attempts they'll eventually hack through leaving very frayed edges. I use a scalpel on a cutting mat - one nice neat cut.
    Sounds like you're using plastic safety scissors!

New scissors aren't expensive. I'm using Ikea ones (that come in a three pack of various sizes and different coloured handles) to cut my film and never had a problem with them.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Grimson View Post
    Hi there. For those in need of left-handed items try my cousin at www.sinistershop.com. He has so many items that you will lust after and he tries to get the best quality. Pen knives, scissors etc. It was really an eye opener when he showed me the catalogue once. It really can be a handycap. Imagine using a manual can opener for example!
    Thanks Shelly for the link to your cousin's site. I've definitely bookmarked the link!

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Scissors user here. Only missed once in three years of dev.-only, uncut 120 B&W negs. Yes, tricky, but with a steady hand (which is occasionally a challenge) and patience, no prob.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I use an old HAMA film guillotine I bought originally to chop up a mountain of slide film from a trip to New Zealand in the early 80s. Very easy with negs as you get a transparent bar between frames, little more care needed for positives with a black bar. The base has raised bars a frame's width either side of the blade. Don't think I have sliced through more than a frame or three in total. Scissors for 120, with an occasional mistake. Seagull TLR gives almost no space between frames.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a box of 24 DD 20 ROWI Slide Frames. Metal construction with a cardboard spacer and 2 pieces of glass to hold together a film strip? you can see a photo at imageshack link below.

http://img683.imageshack.us/i/rowigermany005.jpg/

I hope one of you avid readers can give me an idea of what the heck they can be used for. They are made in Germany, and sold by Eddie Black's (nee Black's Appliances and later Black's photography
    They are from the Late 40' , 50s , or very early 60s, but not likely the 60s.
    lclout@cogeco.ca

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The are for mounting transparencies, films like Ektachrome, Velvia and the late, great Kodachrome. The ones with the larger windows in your picture are for 35mm the smaller one, not sure, maybe Minox or similar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a pair of narrow bladed hairdressers scissors.
    Ben

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin